Foods that lower Blood Pressure
What are the healthy foods that lower blood pressure? Adapting to a healthy diet which is rich in green vegetables, fresh fruits, grains and low-fat dairy products can lower blood pressure. Fortunately there are long list of healthy food items, which lower blood pressure. The healthy diet, which lowers blood pressure, revolves around more fresh vegetables, fruits, fiber, nuts, seeds and food rich in Omega-3. Taking low sodium and salt in food will help in lowering high blood pressure. Apart from taking healthy food also important is to take balanced food serving.
In case you have blood pressure disease and your blood pressure numbers are systolic (140 or above), and diastolic pressure (90 or above) , it is time to take medical help and bring serious changes in your lifestyle. Apart from medication, lifestyle plays an important role in lowering your high blood pressure. There are chances that you might get away with just adapting to a healthy lifestyle and are in control of your high blood pressure.
Introducing Vegetarian diet can help in lowering high blood pressure or hypertension. The focus of vegetarian diet is on plants, fruits, beans, grains, seeds and nuts. The intake of vegetarian diet over the long period helps in reducing the high blood pressure. The more you keep green stuff in your plate it will ensure your body stays healthy. Include more fruit serving in day, the fruits like apple, banana, orange, kiwi, berry will give necessary nutritionís and vitamins. The other benefit of vegetarian diet is the inclusion of important vitamins "C" and "A", fiber and calcium etc.
Another important thing to include in daily diet is the fiber enriched food. The rich diet of fiber can ensure protection to many forms of cardiovascular diseases. The high doses of fiber also help in reducing the elevated cholesterol levels. Once you are on healthy diet the difference you will experience in your body strength and stamina will be phenomenal.
Now letís look at the things which can harm us. We ignore packaged food labels information , you will be surprised to see sodium and saturated fat percentages in each serving. Eating bad fatty foods, consumption of alcohol, and other high sodium salty snacks only aid in pushing blood pressure high. The successful mantra to lower high blood pressure is to include more green vegetables, healthy fruits and low fat dairy products.
Foods that lower Blood Pressure
Adding following food in diet will help in controlling or lowering blood pressure.
1. Lean cuts of meat: Lean meat is not only chicken and turkey or fish. Any meat serving, which has fat less then 10 gm, saturated fat not more then 4.5 gm and very low cholesterol will fit in the definition of lean meat. Visit United States Department of Agriculture website for more information on lean meat. Apart from protein lean meat has many vitamins such as Thiamin, Niacin, vitamin B6 and all of them are important for our body.
2. Chicken and turkey: Without skin meat from chicken and turkey is good for health.
3. Omega-3: Eating fish which has Omega-3 fatty acids is good for lowering blood pressure.
4. Skimmed milk: Using skimmed milk for daily consumption is good.
5. Eating whole wheat: Eating whole wheat bread reduces carbohydrate and increases fiber in daily idet.
6. Organic Cereals: Adding organic cereals low in sodium for breakfast is good choice.
7. Brown Rice: Eating brown rice rich in fiber and low in carbohydrate also is good diet for high blood pressure.
8. Fresh vegetables: Fresh vegetables are good source of vitamins and fiber.
9. Fresh Fruits: Adding fresh fruits to your daily diet helps in controlling high blood pressure.
10. Low Fat Butter: Eating low fat butter without saturated fat and cholesterol is good choice.
11. Herbs: Herbs such as basil, parsley, oregano and spices such as onion powder, garlic powder, vinegar also help in controlling blood pressure.
These are few of the food choices which help in lowering high blood pressure. Please visit DASH website link for complete food menu for Blood pressure. Also equally important is to have proper servings of daily diet. These are the Foods that lower Blood Pressure
Blood Pressure Resource
Blood Pressure Reading Chart
Following table gives details about blood pressure reading and how to understand each stage of blood pressure.
Blood Pressure Chart
What to do
|Below 120||Below 80||Normal Blood Pressure||Adopt a healthy lifestyle||[read more]|
|120 - 139||80 - 89||Prehypertension||Adopt a healthy lifestyle||[read more]|
|140 - 159||90 - 99||Stage 1 hypertension||Adopt a healthy lifestyle Medication Required||[read more]|
|Above 160||Above 100||Stage 2 hypertension||Adopt a healthy lifestyle Medication Required||[read more]|